The Arize GraphQL API enables customers to integrate Arize with their internal systems for a repeatable and consistent setup. Use the API to:
- Bulk create custom monitors with complex filters or baselines
- Export existing monitor configuration, make edits, and bring edits back into Arize
- Build automation by integrating Arize with internal services
We picked GraphQL as our query language for our API for a few key reasons:
- 2.GraphQL enables users to specify their returned data in a single query. Users get to precisely define the data they want — which means querying less to get what you need. This saves time, reduces computational load, and lessens network expenses.
- 3.GraphQL is Language agnostic. This means you can implement our GraphQL API in your preferred language for a more intuitive understanding.
- Strongly Typed. The schema defines an API's type system and all object relationships.
- Introspective. A client can query the schema for details about the schema.
- Hierarchical. The shape of a GraphQL call mirrors the shape of the JSON data it returns. Nested fields let you query for and receive only the data you specify in a single round trip.
- An application layer. GraphQL is not a storage model or a database query language. The graph refers to graph structures defined in the schema, where
nodesdefine objects and
edgesdefine relationships between objects. The API traverses and returns application data based on the schema definitions, independent of how the data is stored.